Why Choose this Training Course?
This online training course covers the skills required to lead a procurement team to world class performance. It focuses on the common “gaps” in performance that must be filled in order for Purchasing Management to provide the continuous improvements needed for organisations to meet their strategic objectives.
Further, this COPEX online training course encourages everyone how to be proactive rather than reactive in procurement activities and how to be working on the “right” things that display purchasing’s creativity, flexibility, and supply market knowledge. It establishes how to provide and measure purchasing contributions to the organisation so that this critical function can be elevated as a core organisation competency.
This COPEX online training course will feature:
- The Skills and Attributes of World Class Purchasing Personnel
- Measuring Leading Performance
- Selection and Application of Management Strategies
- Understanding the Changing International Best Practices
- Managing Supplier to Obtain Best in Class Results
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX online training course, participants will be able to:
- Learn How to Develop High Performance Purchasing Organisations
- Develop Strategic Purchasing Plans & Discuss How to Improve Internal Customer Service
- Appreciate and See the Analytics That Guide Procurement Strategies
- Explore Many Ways of Reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Understand the Most Important Competencies for Purchasing Personnel
Who is this Training Course for?
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals, but will greatly benefit:
- Procurement and Contracts Personnel
- Purchasing, Procurement, Contracts, Contract Administration, Projects Personnel
- Engineering, Facilities, Finance, and Maintenance Personnel
- Personnel Involved in the Planning and Management of Tender Process
- Leaders in the Acquisition of Materials, Equipment and Services
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX online training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The online course is conducted online using ClickMeeting.
- Stages To World Class Purchasing
- How Purchasing is Viewed Today
- Strategic Sourcing
- Developing Spend Profiles and the ABC Analysis
- New Job Descriptions For Purchasing of the Future
- Purchasing Personnel Required Skill Sets
- What are Best Practices
- Purchasing Gap Analysis
- Vision and Mission for Purchasing
- Developing The Purchasing Department Strategic Plan
- Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) For Procurement
- Developing A Company Purchase Price Index
- Cost Reduction Initiatives
- Methods of Cost Containment
- Waste In The Supply Chain
- Breaking Down The Elements Of Supplier Cost
- Commodity/Service Strategic Planning
- Resisting Price Increases
- Supplier Classification System
- Supplier Qualification Methods
- Supplier Performance Metrics
- Apply Performance Criteria to Purchasing Decisions
- Process Mapping To Eliminate Low Value Activities
- Applying eProcurement Business Process
- Global Sourcing
- International Labor Rates Comparison
- Developing and Maintaining a Customer Focus
- Basic Issues In Corruption And Fraud Prevention
- Increasing The Level of Procurement Professionalism
- Keeping Current in the Profession
- COPEX e-Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course