Why Choose this Training Course?
How can you take the lead and manage your products in your markets, without authority?
B2B product managers have to manage their products successfully in the market, by winning the support of colleagues and others. However, they do not have the authority to enforce support from those whom they rely on to help them.
This online training course helps you to create credible product strategies and plans that others will want to support and help you to implement.
It will teach you best practice B2B product management and equip you with the knowledge, tools and market-focused mindset that will empower you to market your products successfully.
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX online training course, you will be able to:
- Take the Lead in Marketing your Products
- Construct a Credible Product Marketing Plan
- Adopt a More Market-focused Mind-set
- Think and Act Strategically
- Avoid Being Drawn Into Operational Issues
- Create Superior Value for Customers and Avoid Price Erosion
- Manage the Product Through its Life Cycle
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Product Managers who Want to Control How Their Products are Marketed
- Marketing Directors who Want Their Product Managers to Think and Act Strategically
- Marketing Managers who Want to Integrate Product Marketing
- Product Development Managers who Want to Become Product Managers
- Technical Experts who Want to Become Product Managers
- The role and challenges of a product manager
- How to deal with the sales force
- Constructing a B2B product marketing plan
- Strategic fit, corporate strategy and brand
- Defining scope and mapping market players
- Understanding the market and its drivers
- Factors that impact on the market
- Stakeholders and how to prioritise them
- Understanding customers’ needs and challenges
- Profiling decision-makers
- Understanding the customers’ key success factors
- Defining gaps in the customers’ capabilities
- How to target competitors
- Understanding the competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
- Competitive strategies and how to compete
- Managing the customers’ perception
- Finding sustainable, profitable, competitive differential-advantage
- Analysing key success factors and capabilities
- Setting objectives and defining product strategy
- Defining target segments, customers and stakeholders
- Defining priority, importance, journey and tasks
- Creating the right product marketing mix
- Developing and managing the product portfolio - Innovation
- Discovering value and creating value propositions
- Value models that support price
- Directing the communications to customers and stakeholders
- Briefing the marketing communications team
- Winning support from the sales force
- Managing channel partners
- Implementing and controlling the plan
- Verifying the plan
- A COPEX e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the online training course