Why Choose this Training Course?
Despite all the evidence that organisations with a balance of females in the C suite are more successful and are considered to be better environments to work in, there is still a disproportionate balance between men and women at the top of organisations.
Often, it is a question of culture and custom and practice – men are ‘natural’ leaders and women are naturally ‘supporters’ – a myth that needs dispelling. A balance of a male approach and a female approach ensures that an organisation will prosper and that the organisational strategy reflects benefits to both the stakeholders and society as a whole. This intensive COPEX training course will equip women with the skills and confidence to succeed.
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course, delegates will be able to:
- Creating a work environment that works for everyone
- Understand leadership as a woman in the new leadership landscape
- Identify their aspirations and values as a leader
- Employ networking in organisations to enhance reputation and skills
- Increase their personal presence
- Create and maintain resilience and well-being as a female leader
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit women who are:
- Mid managers from any sector who aspire to lead in senior management positions
- Women on fast track and graduate schemes
- Senior HR professionals responsible for talent and management development
- HR Professionals responsible for diversity and inclusion
- Definition of a leader
- How is a leader is different from a manager
- What are the critical competencies, skills and abilities/attitudes needed for the future successes?
- What are the characteristics and behaviours of effective leaders?
- Why more women leaders are critical for an organisation’s success
- Are women leaders really different from their male counterparts
- Effective and productive communication tactics in a range of contexts
- The importance of story-telling to enlist supporters and facilitate decision-making
- Strategies and techniques for being heard in challenging situations.
- Specific approaches for overcoming conflict situations
- Managing negotiations
- Advanced Presentation Skills
- SWOT analysis of own abilities
- A comprehensive assessment and feedback
- Personal motivations, values, and strengths
- How others perceive women leaders in the workplace
- Effective strategies to improve performance and other’s perceptions
- How to gain a deeper understanding self and interaction with others
- How self- awareness helps a leader
- Recognizing the importance of networking and how to set up a network
- Coaching and Mentoring – how can they help?
- What are the strengths and opportunities that can be leveraged?
- What are the obstacles and threats that have to be mitigated?
- Getting the people strategy right
- Critical thinking and analytics
- Evaluating formal and informal networks to identify network strength and supporting individuals
- Envisioning new strategies for driving change in the organisation
- Visioning skills required to identify opportunities and alert others to new possibilities
- Assessing taking risks
- Adopting a new framework for thinking about risk, uncertainty, and failure
- Advancing women’s leadership in the workplace and develop strategies to make that happen
- Copex Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course