Why Choose this Training Course?
This exciting training course is designed to assist technical experts and professions the skills needed to transition as a leader. The transition from a technical expert to a leader can be difficult as it requires skills and competencies that may not have been part of your training or previous work experience. Technical experts are often promoted because they have recognised knowledge and skills in their field, but they may not have the skills and knowledge when it comes to leading and managing people.
This training course will allow you to explore the skills needed to lead in any organisation. This training course examines the key ingredients of successful leadership and the right mix of functional and interpersonal skills to meet organisational objectives, build a high-performing team, and expand your impact as a leader of people.
This training course will feature:
- Moving from technical skills to people skills
- Become a successful communicator with all stakeholders
- Understanding key change management principles
- Developing a high-performing team
- Essential Skills for coaching others
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Develop self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Differentiate between transformational & transactional leadership
- Communicate a clear vision of the broad impact of change
- Demonstrate ability in the use of active listening skills
- Transition from a technical expert to a competent leader
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Technical professionals transitioning to leadership roles
- Engineering Managers
- Project Managers
- Technical Leads
- Operational Managers
- Financial Professionals
- HR professionals moving into Leadership roles
- Anyone recently promoted into a people management or leadership role
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work and feedback will be used to facilitate learning. Role plays and interactive exercises will be used throughout the programme.
- From technical expert to leader
- The difference between managing and leading
- Characteristics of highly effective leaders
- Transformational and transactional leadership
- The importance of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Effective interpersonal communication in the leadership role
- Communicating successfully – Avoiding communication barriers
- Active listening and questioning skills
- Understanding your own personality profile
- Developing self-awareness
- Achieving the high-performing team
- Stages of team development
- Identifying the essential factors in motivation
- The benefits and barriers to delegation
- Decision-making with teams – avoiding group think
- The Coaching Cycle (PEDICR)
- Key listening & questioning techniques for coaching & mentoring
- Introducing SOLER techniques
- Plan a coaching session & preparing a coaching plan
- Set coaching objectives which are measurable (SMART)
- The key drivers of change
- The difference between change management and change leadership
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Change at the individual, team and organisational level
- The five psychological phases of change and their effective management
- Copex Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course.
Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.