Training Course Overview
Decision Making is a complex and uniquely human capability that seeks outcomes that move organisations, teams and individuals to a more positive and productive future. Whether these outcomes are achieved through a logical, conscious and deliberated process or a more imaginative and creative response, there is little argument that decision making is a critical skill of leadership. Decisive leaders stand out from the crowd!
Whilst ultimate responsibility for any decisions may rest with the leader, we live in an age that encourages debate, appreciates diverse opinion and values the notion of “collective wisdom”. It therefore becomes paramount that the leader must create an environment which not only encourages all to contribute, but equally nurtures decision making techniques that avoid tendencies for bias and generate successful outcomes. By definition, leaders are now viewed as “architects” for creating the structures that facilitate good decision making.
This highly interactive COPEX training course offers a comprehensive overview of the decision-making process from problem diagnosis to design solution. It highlights the role of the leader as the “decision-making architect”, whilst analysing the psychological, cognitive and emotional processes that positively impact, or potentially impair the decision-making process. Delegates will acquire and extensive range of tools and techniques that will build personal self-confidence, secure productive future organisational outcomes and facilitate activities that generate engagement and harness innovation.
Training Course Objectives
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Enhance Decision Making Practices Using Logical Reasoning, Critical Thinking, and Rigorous Application of Evaluative and Analytical Skills
- Understand the Psychological Principles Underpinning the Decision-Making Process and Personalise Them to Real Life Situations Grounded in Their Own Organisations
- Explore Radical Approaches to Decision-Making that Balance Emotion with Logic and Reason with Intuition
- Demonstrate Self-Belief and Interpersonal Confidence in Their Decision-Making Activities that Enhance Their Credibility in the Leadership Role
- Promote a Culture of Innovation and Collaborative Inquiry that Recognises and Utilises the Creativity and Collective Wisdom Within Organisations
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals or anyone wishing to improve their problem solving and decision-making skills. It will have specific appeal to:
- All Professionals Wishing to Further Develop Their Leadership, Critical Thinking and Decision-Making Skills to Enhance Their Career Progression
- Leadership Professionals who Wish to Utilise Creative Techniques That Offer Insight Into Organisational Concerns
- HR Professionals and Training Coordinators Responsible for Coaching Managers and Employees in Performance Changing Techniques
- All Employees who Find Themselves Constantly Seeking Tools and Techniques to Assist Them in Meeting the Challenging They Currently Face
- Technical Professionals Including Those in Maintenance, Engineering & Production
- Team Leaders Interested in Further Developing Their Management and Facilitation Skills to Build Collaborative Practice and Harness the Richness of Diverse Thinking
- Organisational Leaders who Make Key Business Decisions and Seek Tools for Guidance
- Professional New to Leadership/Management Roles and Wishing to Improve Their Communication, Interpersonal, Problem Solving and Decision-Making Skills
- Leaders Who Seek to Challenge the Culture of Their Organisation and Build the Innovation Necessary for the “Enterprise Culture” of the 21st Century
Training Course Outline
Amongst a wide range of valuable topics, the following will be prioritised:
- Personality, Leadership Style and Decision-Making Outcomes
- Daniel Kahneman: Nobel Prize Winning Thoughts on Fast and Slow Thinking
- Developing the Critical Mindset: How Elastic is My Brain
- Structured Approaches to Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Whole Brain Thinking: Divergent, Convergent Thinking and Multiple Intelligences
- How Well Do I Make Decisions? Analysis, Reflection and Outcomes
- Emotional Intelligence, Collaborative Practice and Decision Making
- Appreciative Inquiry: Working With and Accentuating Positive Dialogues
- Soft System Methodologies, Creative Responses to Decision Making and Activity
- The Leader as the Design Architect of the Innovative Future
© 2023. Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.