Why Choose this Training Course?
Exchange Rate volatility can be very damaging, and it is therefore to develop a detailed knowledge of Foreign Exchange Markets, and Instruments in order to understand how rates may change and more importantly how to manage them. This Foreign Exchange Market and Derivatives training course provides the knowledge and skills to do that.
Derivatives play an important role in hedging/managing risk. But what exactly are Derivatives and how can they be used to reduce or even eliminate risks arising from volatile, exchange rates, commodity prices, interest rates and even weather conditions.
This Foreign Exchange Market and Derivatives COPEX training course provides the answers by examining the latest tools and techniques, giving delegates a detailed understanding of Forwards, Options, Futures and Swaps as well as more exotic derivatives such as Swaptions. Delegates will not only leave with extensive knowledge but also the skills to manage the risks facing your organisation.
This training course will feature:
- Skills development via interactive sessions and evaluation of a real-life case studies relevant to your organisation
- The Foreign Exchange Market & Instruments
- The latest tools and techniques to Manage Exchange Rate Risk
- The Use of Derivatives to Manage Risk
- Key discussion of the practical management and organisational benefits
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Outline the nature of Foreign Exchange Markets and the Determinants of Exchange Rates
- Manage Exchange Rate Risk effectively
- Use Derivatives to Manage Risk – Exchange Rates, Commodity Prices, Interest Rates etc
- Trade on Derivative Markets
- Guard against the Risks of Trading in Derivatives
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Managers and supervisors dealing with Foreign Exchange
- Treasury Management Derivative traders
- Risk Management
- Foreign Exchange Dealers
- Those with a need/desire to understand new Financial Instruments & Techniques
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes:
- Interactive Case Studies from the real world/delegates’ company
- Discussion and Evaluation of the latest international tools & techniques
- Role play
- Pre & Post Course Assessments
Participants will also be given a detailed set of handouts and examples in both printed and electronic format
- Foreign Exchange Rate Regimes/Systems
- The Nature of the Foreign Exchange Market
- Market Size & Types of Transactions
- (FOREX) Exchange Rate Quotations
- Calculating Forward Rates & their Cost/Benefit
- The Determinants of Exchange Rates: Purchasing Power Parity Theory & Interest Rate Parity Theory
- Defining and Identifying Exchange Rate Risk
- Measuring and Evaluating the Risk
- Determining the Risk Management Strategy – assessing impact and probability
- Internal Hedging Techniques
- External Hedging Techniques & Strategies
- Forward Exchange Contracts, - Fixed and Option
- What are Derivatives & Major Derivative Markets?
- Hedging, Speculation, Arbitrage and Securitisation - the purpose, benefits, and risks
- Forwards V Options – Calls & Puts; European & American
- Options: Pricing (The Black & Scholes Model) Delta, Gamma, Theta, Vega & Rho and their implications
- Futures – Market Correlation; Margin Payments, Ticks etc.
- Currency Swaps
- Risk or a Risk Management Tool?
- Controlling Derivative Trading
- Interest Rate & Commodity Derivatives
- Other Derivatives: Credit Default Obligations & Credit Default Swaps & Exotic Derivatives, Swaptions etc
- The Impact on Financial Statements
- CASE STUDY: Using Derivatives (Forwards, Options, Futures & Swaps) to Manage Risk
- The Six Forces of Forex
- Fundamental Analysis and Leading Market Indicators
- Technical Analysis and Patterns and Forecast Methods
- The 20 Issues you must consider dealing with Forex Markets
- Tips for Successful Trading in Forex Markets
- Simulation: a Trading day in Forex Platform
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course
Material published by Copex shown here is copyrighted.
All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.