Why Choose this Training Course?
Ever been to a poorly organised event? If yes, you never want to be associated with that organisation again. If you have been to a well presented and well organised event then ask yourself ‘what went on behind the scenes to make it so successful?’
This COPEX training course will enable you to develop the skills and knowledge to deliver effective events – time after time. It will introduce you to some tried and tested and practical methods for repeat success.
The training course is aimed at those already organising events or those who will soon be organising events.. You could also be a team member who will soon have your own event to run
What are the Goals?
By attending this COPEX training course you should achieve these goals:
- The need for an events planning and management process
- The pitfalls and ways to overcome them in planning your events
- The financial and legal implications of holding events wherever held
- How to use social media & communication networks to communicate to your audience
- The need for a consistent approach to developing events
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable for:
- Event Management Professionals
- Administrative support staff working in an events company or department
- Those from various public or private companies
- Those who want to enter the events management world
- What is events management? Why some events fail?
- Establishing the event - ensuring it is viable
- Liaising with the client and key stakeholders
- Ensuring you have clear roles for all those involved in the event
- The top qualities of successful events management
- Quality 1: Flexibility - what it means and how to be flexible
- Developing agreed objectives for the event
- Agreeing your outcomes? What does a successful event look like?
- Dealing with risk and uncertainty in your events
- Developing the team - ensuring you have a strong team around you
- Quality 2: People skills – how to develop your people skills
- Developing your plan for the event including marketing
- Working effectively with suppliers and your key stakeholders
- Delegating effectively for success
- Communicating the event successfully – but how?
- Establishing a clear monitoring process for your event
- Quality 3: Organization skills – how to be organized and effective
- Building on your successes and your areas for improvement!
- Creating a learning culture
- Briefing & meeting skills
- Event finance including trying to obtain event sponsorship
- The legal issues you may face
- Quality 4: Passion - what is it, what does it look like and how can you get it
- Having a run through – pre event
- The event checklist – what is on your check list?
- Quality 5: Time management – some tips for effective time management
- Having a post event review process
- Formally closing the event, learning and moving on to the next event
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course