Why Choose this Training Course?
What are the fundamentals of modern manufacturing processes and operations management? This training course is of multi-disciplinary nature that combines aspects of manufacturing engineering, operations management, maintenance and reliability. It covers different types of manufacturing management functions and processes, as well as ways of managing them through Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. This popular COPEX training course will support you to develop practices and techniques to manage manufacturing processes, critical assets proactively, allowing you to meet deadlines and deliver against your objectives. You will also develop skills in decision analysis to ensure integrity of the plant.
This COPEX training course will feature:
- Classifications of manufacturing processes
- Manufacturing capacity scheduling
- Just in time and lean manufacturing systems
- Quality management systems and six sigma
- Learning from failures
What are the Goals?
By the end of this COPEX training course, participants will be able to:
- Have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and best practice techniques
- Have an understanding of a range of planning, management and controlling different manufacturing processes
- Have the ability to design a process for managing equipment failures and their implications to the operational organisation
- Know the practical approach to developing an action plan to utilise these technologies in their own areas of responsibility, fitting them into the overall manufacturing strategy, and measuring benefits
- Know the Integration of quality, maintenance, reliability and information systems concepts
Who is this Training Course for?
This comprehensive 5-day training course has been designed to benefit both qualified new professionals as well as experienced professionals who might need to refresh their skills It is highly recommended that all Maintenance, Reliability, Engineering and technical support staff including leadership and management attend this workshop. If you and your company are interested in greatly increasing productivity, this will be a very valuable course.
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Manufacturing supervisors and superintendents and anybody involved in setting manufacturing strategy
- Anyone working in materials and procurement management
- Safety and integrity professionals and anyone working in areas related to risk management
- Audit and quality assurance professionals
- Operational professionals who are interested in maintenance reliability and asset management
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This is designed to be a hands-on, stimulating experience. This training course is highly interactive with many discussions and facilitated practice sessions led by speakers who are at the forefront of their field. There are plenty of case studies, and illustration of both worst and best practices in the field of maintenance and asset management. The trainer has conducted many research and development project in aspects of manufacturing, maintenance, quality and operations management and will share publications about projects in these fields.
- Introduction to processing and assembly operations
- Production systems
- Volume versus variety in manufacturing processes
- Manufacturing layout configurations
- Fundamentals of metal forming and sheet processes
- Classification of material removing processes
- What is Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)?
- Introduction to Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- The evolution of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRPII)
- Introduction to SAP
- Layout and capacity planning
- Master Production Schedule (MPS)
- The concept of lean thinking
- Push versus pull in manufacturing
- Different types of waste (Muda in Japanese language)
- Fail-safe systems in manufacturing (Poka Yoke)
- Continuous Improvements (The 5 Ss)
- Case studies
- The meaning of quality
- The gap model of quality
- Total quality management
- Deming wheel of Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDSA)
- Quality management maturing grid
- Quality awards
- Why do systems fail?
- The concept of learning from failures
- Case studies from oil and gas industry
- Case studies from space and aviation industry
- Case studies from nuclear power generation industry
- The Decision Making Grid model for selection of appropriate strategy
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course