Why Choose this Training Course?
In the 21st Century global economy, the prosperity of both individuals and nations will depend up on the ability to innovate in all kinds of economic activity. Entrepreneurial skills will be vital to achieve successful innovation. There is a fundamental difference between invention (i.e. the identification of new ways of doing things) and innovation (i.e. the successful operationalizing and monetization of those new ways).
In the past, the prizes have not always gone to the inventors but to the innovators who can turn an idea into a successful business. This Entrepreneurial Skills training course will provide the basis for individuals to identify and evaluate opportunities, and most importantly to follow them through into fulfillment and successful businesses.
Innovation is the leading edge of business evolution and in a Darwinian manner, the ideas that survive and prosper with those that are best adapted to the environment.
This training course will feature:
- Identifying the opportunity
- Quantifying the scale and potential of the opportunity
- Organizing to realize the opportunity – the implementation plan
- Creating and selling the business case
- Delivering the vision - making it work
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Be alert to opportunities in their domain
- Assemble the data to evaluate the opportunity
- Gain support from the necessary stakeholders through effective selling of the idea
- Organize the delivery mechanism
- Maintain focus on delivering the vision and growing the business
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- “Intrapreneurs” – people working in organizations who are responsible for innovation
- C-level leaders who understand the need for a future vision
- Start-up enthusiasts
- Senior managers in strategic business planning roles
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This COPEX training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes interactive teaching, case study and team work with some element of competition.
- Why this topic matters – historical context and the next 50 years
- Some examples of successful innovations – why they succeeded
- Some general principles for successful entrepreneurial innovation
- The importance of the entrepreneurial “mindset”
- The importance of the technology “envelope”
- Classic portfolio approaches – Boston and Ansoff matrices
- Using market research to identify and evaluate opportunities
- Critical “hurdle” rates for entrepreneurs and investors
- Creating the “pitch” for funding
- Scaling the opportunity
- How can the service or product be produced most effectively?
- Getting the resources – money, people, materials
- Producing the business plan – the “Fishbone” approach
- Target setting and defining milestones
- Making the plan a reality
- What are investors looking for?
- How do “angels” evaluate opportunities?
- What is the ecosystem for business innovation?
- How to sell the idea effectively
- How to keep control of “your baby”
- Why is the opportunity there?
- Why do you think you can exploit it?
- Why should investors back you?
- Why should people work with you?
- Why not do it?
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course