Why Choose this Training Course?
Many women, even those in quite senior positions often feel that they are not taken as seriously as their male colleagues – are you one of these women?
Whether it’s a keynote speech or a contribution at a meeting, the true meaning and impact of effective communication can be achieved through focusing on the listener and tailoring your message accordingly. If you want to really improve the way you communicate and the impact your messages have on others and if you truly want to communicate powerfully, you need to challenge yourself to embrace communication excellence and this course is designed to help you achieve this.
What are the Goals?
This COPEX training course is a journey that begins by exploring the self and then building on good relationships, influencing, impactful presentations and understanding other people through motivation and conflict. This training course focuses on:
- Developing awareness of how to create an impact through personal style
- Understanding how effective communication builds relationships
- Knowing and developing the level of confidence
- Understanding the power non-verbal communication
- Using powerful language and creating clear, compelling key messages
- Making an impact as a presenter
Who is this Training Course for?
This COPEX training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Those aspiring to become senior women in their organisation
- Graduates on ‘Fast Track Management Schemes’
- Women in supervisory or middle management positions
- Those in senior roles who feel they do not receive true recognition for their input
- Personality theories
- Psychometric Tests – Johari Windows, MSQ
- Confidence and Self Esteem
- Recognising strengths and minimizing weaknesses
- Origins of self- doubt and negative thinking
- Emotional resilience
- Importance of good communication
- Barriers to communication
- The art of effective listening
- Asking good questions
- Using non-verbal communication
- Building rapport
- Understanding the concept of power bases
- Importance of knowing what's going on: keeping yourself informed
- Enhancing your reputation: building good working relationships
- How to persuade without coercion
- Putting forward sound ideas and arguments
- Influencing through self-projection
- The concept of ‘presence’
- Vocal qualities and voice projection
- Qualities of good and poor presentations
- Use of visual aids
- Planning and practising
- Individual presentations
- Motivation: Why work?
- Behaviour at work – engagement and commitment
- Conflict and conflict management
- Dealing with difficult people
- Conclusions and action plan
- COPEX Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course